Trenton & Belleville Ontario are growing and are set to grow more with tourism. However one of the biggest issues I have brought up to the Bay of Quinte in the expansion is the lacking infrastructure for public transit. We have a lacking transit system that does not work, but we are still way too ready to tell people to rely on their livelihoods with a hit or miss bus. It is ridiculous.
Here are three clear problems with the Belleville Transit system.
- One way transit system– I get home from school faster than I get to school. Why is this? It is because my home comes after the college on the bus route. Meaning instead of the bus taking me the simple 5 K from my nearest stop to college. I am doing the entire trip back to the terminal before I can even get to the college.
- 1 hour until your next bus – If I miss a bus at 10 minutes after 7:00p.m. . I have to wait until 8:10pm just to be able to get home 5k in the cold
- It is legitimately faster to walk at times- For example if I just missed 12:10pm bus and I needed to get home in an hour. It would be faster for me to walk home then it would be to wait for the next bus to arrive.
Other issues with Belleville Public Transit
- No full functioning nightlife service– If we want to reduce impaired driving it is vital we have an ongoing service for popular pub nights. Neglecting that we need not think we have enough alternatives to prevent drunk driving.
- Lousy weekend service – Saturday & Sunday really should have full day bus service. They do not… I think we should fix that because if Belleville is going to handle tourism. They are going to need adequate bus systems.
- Over filled bus – We need to add more buses on routes like the #7. Just because right now people are close to sitting on the roof of the bus at this point. How do we fix this? Add another bus during peek use times. This is large part of why I avoid the bus at 8:00am , 12:00pm and 6:00pm because they are crowded bus times.
- Accessibility issues – The fact is the bus creates accessibility to work, education and broad transportation is violated. In the fact we don’t have a more functional bus service. Why don’t we expect disabled people to get anywhere past 8:00pm on a Sunday?
Ashton Deroy Writes: This is Capsim, a software that simulates running a mid-corp sensor company. It is simply “magical”.
“That is what I would like to write about my review of this software.” Unfortunately my review will be much more bleak. For starters I don’t understand the software, I do not feel like I am simulating a business experience and instructions are not quite clear.
To start, I do not understand Capsim. Do you understand this report? Granted the little context I have provided is just about what I have had going in to this.
I am pretty sure there are vital things I am missing to be able to participate in this simulator. The fact that other 4th semester Business students don’t understand it either leads me to believe you need some kind of beautiful mind to play this simulation.
I do not feel like I am simulating an authentic business experience. There should be a lot more socializing and training before I just start messing with the entire company’s finances. All I am doing is playing with a spreadsheet. That is my honest opinion of Capsim, it is an overly complicated spreadsheet. We could do this all on Excel and save students the $64!
This is the first video you will get when you enter Capsim. The simulation is you selling sensors against other players. We have to manage and coordinate 4 different departments. Which again is just the users playing with numbers on a spreadsheet.
My actual review is this, unless business is just entering random numbers on a spread sheet. This simulation is not enough! There is a certain amount of communications, advertising, sales & customer service involved in running a company that this simulation just will not touch on enough. I feel like I am not sure what this simulation prepares me for, which makes me think I have so little invested in how well I do in this class.
Do you use Capsim? Tell me your thoughts below:
Click here to listen to the podcast on SoudCloud
“Hey we are back guys and we welcome you back to the audio show. I am Ashton Deroy & my co-host is Diana Skye. We are here to poke fun at Conservative politics. After all Canada is having the best economy it has seen since the issues in 2008.”
While these podcasts are fun to make. Our usual job is website setup. If you want to get a website below with us as content creators & website management click the link below.
Click Below to checkout our Fiverr offer to launch your new site today.
““Is Kelowna Courier still interested in moderating a debate on defence & veterans issues between @FuhrMP and me? After agreeing last time Stephen pulled out even though $2K was pledged to a veterans cause of his choice.” Erin O’Toole
Dedicated to: Loyalist College Students.
From: Ashton Deroy, Failed Web design Entrepreneur.
Intro: You should not become an Entrepreneur. Let us face it the sad truth is you went to Loyalist College because you had no idea what to do for your seven-year plan. Chances are you still don’t have a seven-year plan. Why would you start risking your own time & money here? Here are 3 reasons not to be an Entrepreneur. Most successful mid-corps were started/maintained by a family with an already existing body of wealth. I learned this working for Greenwich Associates a financial research & consulting firm where I interviewed CEOs, CFOs, and Presidents of mid-corp organizations.
- You are not your own boss – It is not fun to say but someone usually has leverage in business & it often is not the person selling products or services. It can be your supply chain people, your bill collectors, the people you applied for a grant with or even your customers. Ever worked in a call center? Those are communications jobs designed to manage B2C & B2B relationships. Those jobs suck… Why would you want to do that 16 hours a day instead of 10 hours a day for less money?
- Being broke – Most entrepreneurs need to borrow & use their own capital to even get to the market but there are no guarantees. Our markets are saturated with products & services as well as substitutes that eliminate opportunities. In the case of my business, a lot of professional communications jobs are eliminated by self-service digital marketing services. This includes logo generators, Kijiji & Facebook.
- Hating what you do – Multiple times I have quit my digital marketing business. Even after gaining momentum and gaining contacts. You can fall down 100 times & it does become discouraging. I am a natural sales person but it doesn’t mean rejection doesn’t slow me down. Rejection slows down everyone.
Listen if you are a Business student in college. You are probably being given a lot of hype for starting your own company. Don’t fall for it! Be an opportunist, not a dead-set entrepreneur. Here is a cliche I love, “Work smarter, not harder.” If working smart means a 9-5 with a pension and a pain in the a** boss. That is fine. There is no shame in being someone’s b****!
Click here to checkout our Fiverr offer to launch your new site today.
Contact: Ashton Deroy
Hello & welcome to AshtonDeroy.com . I am Ashton Deroy & this is another incarnation of my main blog. Goal: The reason I am starting this blog is that in September 2019 I will be returning to Loyalist College and I want to try & make money freelancing or attract an employer to hire me part-time at a small business. The other guy in the picture above is my partner Kaylib. I put him on the blog as a self-reminder of who I am trying to impress every day. Secondary purposes: This website will also host content I post from the autism dialogue, promote Diana’s ASMR channel & worker rights’ issues in Belleville & Quinte West.
We like to run on the pitch process. Which is why we want to run our purchases through Fiverr. This way we can show clients a pitch before deciding to close on a deal. However, we can also run on E-Transfers and direct deposit in the case of employers. What we want to do? We want to communicate the skeleton of an idea before closing on a sale.
Please click below to connect with us on Fiverr:
Ashton Deroy Writes: Hey guys I am posting from Quinte West Ontario today. As apart of the Chamber of Commerce’s attempt to gage online interaction. We are holding a vote to determine the most popular Santa Claus Day Parade float in Quinte West. I wanted to encourage my readers on this Public Relations & Web Design blog to vote for my employers’ Winter Spinnerland float at the Santa Claus Parade.