To: #KingstonOntario #BayofQuinte #QuinteWest #BellevilleOntario #Napane #Tyendinega #LoyalistCollege #Seneca #StLawrenceCollege.
Subject: The never-ending #Libertarian story. “#IdiditbecauseFreedom arguments!”
“I did it because of freedom! ”
1. I infected you because of freedom
2. I took your water and monopolized it for my business because of #Freedom !
3. I got you sick and killed your community because of freedom!
4. I harmed you because #Capitalism
5. #GobacktoChina because of my Freedom.
Listen to a line that has been drawn whether people like it or not. I am here to tell you I am a Left Nationalist, a Canadian #Socialist and a member of the mandatory #Diversity movement. #Americans you do not have the right to harm our healthcare system. You do not have the right to skip over borders and you do not have the right to #infect us with your rampant divisions and harmfully simplistic ideologies. #GTFO start #SocialDistancing and remember there is more than a legal duty to #Morality.
If #Conservatives in Canada are taking precautionary measures than so to can #Libertarians in the #USA.
Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
Hey guys, let’s start being practical, and let’s start being moral. I am Ashton Deroy I graduated from Loyalist College. I have a Business Diploma and a Diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communications. Here is some Capitalist Sales Logic I won’t conform to for ethical reasons.
- You can replace a quality competitor product with an inferior product by way of Sales & Marketing – This is not Utilitarian, practical, or even generally reasonable. That is why I had trouble selling Shaw Cable products in Telemarketing. In areas, our competitors had genuinely better products and we were outdated. Everything from the telemarketing outward was outdated in Shaw Cable comparable to Telus in certain areas of Canada around 2016.
- You should never take a handout – Every handout is reduced to Socialism in the brain of a Capitalist. As a Liberal Socialist, I argue that you use the best system for the situation to ensure the health & well being of people. It felt surreal listening to a guy who buys and sells apartment buildings talk about how he will fight the government and shame everyone who is poor. Rather than encourage resiliency and morality. Something that would make good content and no one would blame him for.
- Always bidding for the cheaper solution – Never looking at issues deeper than a bottom line. I am not afraid to talk about in a job setting that if a call center seating layout is resulting in sexual harassment of an employee. Then I believe in 100% modifying the seating arrangement. That is just common sense. You know what? We had one plan for the layout today and now we have to modify that plan. To: Capitalists & Communists, “Absolute efficiency is an insane and indignant unachievable concept.” Communities have more than 1 bottom line.
Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
A modern commentary that is non-academic and non-bureaucratic is the tradition of the Non-Voter. Not everyone should have to burden the weight of democracy. Some people should get a pass. Whether it be to learn more, abstain from an argument, or pursuit a working grind or maybe self-declared mental limitations. We ought to view non-voting as admirable and a form of peacekeeping.
We should make efforts to collectivize with like-minded people.
This being said, although that is a duty of democracy. Why don’t we give it time? When I was 18 I had a head of steam and I was ready to vote. I am still ready to vote when the time comes because I keep myself informed. As a writer, I practice the exercise of opinion. This could be an exhausting and boring duty to some. Also a Democratic population unhinged would have a battlefield of tribalism. A moderate democracy ought to be recognized and celebrated.
What is wrong with sitting out?
(Utilitarianism suggests happiness ought to be considered in situations of scarcity. The U.S. had a capacity issue with taking votes in the Democratic primary. Site closures mean they can accept fewer votes per location. Economics wise it allows passionate voters to participate and apathetic people to sign out. If political movements aren’t speaking to you. Or even maybe you reject the concept of the state entirely. (Hopefully not the second one.) Maybe you feel unattached to the debated issues. Or even from your own intellect. Either way, we should allow a tradition of sitting out and peacekeeping. I think Political science in school is designed to demand democratic participation. However, we have to acknowledge feelings of alienation especially when consider the Socialist and Libertarian traditions of politics.
For the record I voted once from a non-voter family member’s residence in municipal politics. I think since he paid the bills he ought to get the credit for that vote. Even if it went no where. Objectively speaking Duncan Armstrong was a weak politician. My website definitely gets more traffic than his did. It is sad the Progressive municipal movement was soley up to him. Jim Harrisson is definitely a media savy mayor.
I just also think we overemphasize voting and underemphasize donating as well. A Capitalist would theorize that donating would actually make democracy more accurate. Not that I am a capitalist. However, I think democracy is partially now about resource management.
Check out Ashton Deroy’s Facebook page click here.
Think of this blog post as a received acknowledgement & respect of a certain culture that exists within my family. This blog has already been a hot spot of Liberal & Socialist type ideas. We need to acknowledge the opposite culture that very much has a presence in this family. So what does that mean?
There is a part of me as well as a part of my family that believes in Individual responsibility, working to keep a roof over one’s head & of course a love of dollar beer! There is a part of my very Canadian family that discusses old fashion values while smoking a dart on the deck. I want to respect that family history & acknowledge their presence in me becoming who I am. Often I do think I could be a worse person and indeed a less tolerable Socialist if it wasn’t for my family.
To: my Dad
A pretty down to earth guy who just happened to raise two Socialist kids. Definitely, there needs to be a recognition of respect from me. Thank you for the openness to explore different beliefs & even at times loose spiritual religions. The way we were raised with a mix of discipline and openness to explore topics of our interest allowed us to make up our own value systems. Having the openness hybrid mixed with the discipline to pick out our own values was definitely what made me a better writer & my brother a better Nurse.
If there is one thing I have highlighted on this blog over time. It is that we need to have the ability to acknowledge & respect different world views. I think it would be a waste to highjack our family cultural values without acknowledging where they really were. So if you are a Libertarian who hates fat government spending, deficits & individuals who lack responsibility. If you love Wrestling?! You have a place on this blog. You are realistically crucial.
Welcome to the Deroy Collective. A website that will host Deroy content from both the Socialist opinion and occasionally the Libertarian opinion. Prior to this website had been Ashtonderoy.com now it is www.DeroyCollective.family
What is it about? For new readers just getting to know us. The Deroy family has lived around Quinte West and Brighton Ontario for over 20 years. We are a second-generation ENSS & Loyalist College family. We are a healthy mix of Socialists/Social reformers & Capitalist Libertarians. This site has actually been an idea of mine (Ashton Deroy.) Since 2018. I just needed to make some healthier branding decisions to get to this point.
Ashton Deroy does not endorse MLM companies. However, since this website is now a collective space. The site can endorse links that I personally wouldn’t. I am clarifying this in case you need my opinion on Multi-Level Marketing companies. I am morally opposed to them. However, this website is a collective and shared space. I am not under any moral integrity clause anymore. If I post something on the website. It doesn’t necessarily reflect my views. In fact, it won’t always be my opinion I place up here.
I am actually open to writing for members of my family or exploring their opinions in hypothetical and argumentative article pieces. As well as sharing their projects in backlinks.
- Aunt Tracy’s Love Winx Shop
- FitVengers by Ashton’s friend Jessica. This is an online workout group. Contact Ashtonderoy@gmail.com if you want to do a Beachbody workout together sometime.
- Ashton Deroy’s Instagram
- Ashton Deroy’s SoundCloud – Entertainment & Socialist Business talk.
- Socialist Feminist page on Facebook
Ashton Deroy Writes: Universal Basic income is basically an expansionary Economic policy that aims to provide people with a basic income that meets minimum living standards. (In my opinion the Social welfare program is preferable due to the employment created for Social Service workers, Career Counselors & administrators.)
I am going to keep this post short because I am not for or against Universal Basic Income. My Dad thinks it is a good idea but I am less sure. I will keep my opinion mostly to two points. 1. We have to greater incentivize working to prosperity. 2. We need a strong means to fund a program like this & the ability to hit the emergency breaks as soon as required. These programs have driven Communist Socialist countries to break.
CBC “Ontario’s basic income pilot project was widely expected to last three years in order to figure out if it could replace other social support systems. But it’s being axed early. The new provincial government deemed the program a failure, but many participants say it was a lifeline.”
Where I believe the program failed? Promising a 3-year commitment to these people before an election. The program was not encouraging the participants enough to step away from a government Social program into more stable full-time employment. Lastly, the program didn’t hire any Social Service Workers to monitor any type of mental or Economic progress. (Are you affected by this program being pulled? Get angry, get loud and get Anti-Conservative!)
You are not going to win my vote on this Universal Basic Income concept. Despite the fact, I acted politically to protect it by supporting Kathleen Wynne in re-election in 2018. I need to see broader Economic planning, a clear statement of values & demonstrated competence. 2022 is going to be the year of the next Provincial Election. I am leaning towards Ontario’s NDP Party because of the outstanding work of Andrea Horwath as the Official Opposition.
Click to view Dialogue on Universal Basic Income:
Ashton Deroy writes: This is blog going to be absolutely nuts. Someone with a Business diploma from Loyalist College is going to actually explain to you why we shouldn’t run the economy. This is straight out of crazy town. Except what will be said? Is totally & completely true.
Now yes this blog is a Socialist platform written by an autistic blogger. Yes we constantly argue the evils of the currents status of private ownership. It is hard to believe I came to this conclusion while taking a Business Diploma in college. Yet here it is. I don’t think just because you own something that it should mean you own people.
Here are my reasons I don’t think Business people should run our economy. For the purposes of this article we will use economy and society interchangeably. That is because the management of the economy directly correlates with the management of society. Economics in relation to Social Politics should be taught as one course. They are not separate topics at all!
- Single Bottom lines – Otherwise known as profits over planet and profits over people. Business people are made to put their own gains first. At the expense of everyone else! This is why 44% of jobs in Ontario earn minimum wage. Why is the economy failing? Largely this reason. We can’t run a people last economy otherwise people will not want to participate and society will indeed fall apart. Companies will sacrifice life & limb just to report high profits. As a result the individual income has taken a huge blow and society is on a downward path.
- Greed is good logic – This is the kind of logic used to slowly remove the lowest earners in society not just out of the economy. Out of society & existence itself. Greed is not good! Cooperation is good. Social well-being is good. Elderly people not dying in a wait for long term care is good. Human trafficking victims getting access to safe housing is good. Greed is bad! It hinders our society and is a cost to our most marginalized people.
- They are idiots – I am comfortable saying after graduating a Business program at Loyalist College. That I was surrounded by selfish and dangerous idiots! They aim only to exploit people and improve convenience for themselves! Listen Loyalist College students who mostly skipped out Social Responsibility & Sustainability course. You demonstrated you were crappy people. I have no reason to validate what you are doing!
- They are against challenging the status qou – All these business people care about is ensuring their gains. Innovation is only welcome if they save money. Like the thousands of teachers the Progressive Conservative government in Ontario is currently trying to replace with computers. They look at innovation, for all of the wrong reasons and it is something we need to put a check in balance in place for .
We need to control Business people in our society. Not allow for the opposite. Greed is bad, idiots running democracy is a kleptocracy, profits are not the end all be all. The status quo sucks! We need to be more responsible and kind in how we operate society. If that means discrediting Business people then that is what I will do.