To: #KingstonOntario #BayofQuinte #QuinteWest #BellevilleOntario #Napane #Tyendinega #LoyalistCollege #Seneca #StLawrenceCollege.
Subject: The never-ending #Libertarian story. “#IdiditbecauseFreedom arguments!”
“I did it because of freedom! ”
1. I infected you because of freedom
2. I took your water and monopolized it for my business because of #Freedom !
3. I got you sick and killed your community because of freedom!
4. I harmed you because #Capitalism
5. #GobacktoChina because of my Freedom.
Listen to a line that has been drawn whether people like it or not. I am here to tell you I am a Left Nationalist, a Canadian #Socialist and a member of the mandatory #Diversity movement. #Americans you do not have the right to harm our healthcare system. You do not have the right to skip over borders and you do not have the right to #infect us with your rampant divisions and harmfully simplistic ideologies. #GTFO start #SocialDistancing and remember there is more than a legal duty to #Morality.
If #Conservatives in Canada are taking precautionary measures than so to can #Libertarians in the #USA.
Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
Embedded Tweet click the tweet to view my video:
Description of the video:
f you plan a #welfarestate but don’t plan a #Workers State. Then you only end up with a strong welfare state. That is what is happening to #belleville & #QuinteWest.
#Liberal style #Socialism should be the Social Democratic theory of Economic Expansion. How do we achieve meeting the needs? While also incorporating a model of working to prosperity.
The fridge & food metaphor: I am using this to explain how uncontrolled rent & rising costs to live are interdependent to a work to prosperity Economic model. If the work for the Prosperity model dies, then with it dies the culture of ambitious workers. You just have people concerned with owning the means of production. Nobody will want to support it. Think of it as highly volatile and overly idealistic capitalism.
to #BayofQuinte, #BellevilleOntario & #FordNation
There is no worker shortage. Just an entirely lacking work to prosperity Economic model.
Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
This post will be censored with more ethical language in a bit*** . I do want it to break through though that I take Civility, mental health, and #SuicideAwareness seriously.
Since completing a Business Diploma while looking at Social & Sustainability issues. Then getting trained in CannSell and SmartServe as well as Suicide Prevention. I now believe I can be an ethical friend for someone.
So if you want to talk about mental health. We can talk. Just know I will behave ethically in Conversation. To some people this a calming thing. To have a friend behave a moral guide. I have had multiple moral guides as friends. I do believe it is something we can do for each other that helps to make the world a better place.
Also, shout out to my Grandma. I think mental health dialogues were an idea I got from my Grandma Pat. Anyways I find moral friends to be a calming concept. I always mention my love for some of the Mormon culture in my family. I do think the Mormon religious culture was where I developed some of my Community & moral values. Even if some of it evolved with my academic life.
Email me at Ashtonderoy@gmail.com if you need to talk.
Like Ashton Deroy’s Page on Facebook
To: Workers of the call center world.
I truly believe if you follow these steps. We can truly have a positive lasting impact on the culture and community around call centers in the eyes of the workers. In the past, I may have been grosser or even disturbing with my methods. In this post, we are focussing on a cool, calm & collected approach to the democratization of call centers.
click here. How to democratize call centers_ Dedicated to the dismissed, terminated and generally disgruntled ex workers.
Reference: Economic principals. in the case of this document, we are referring to the process of organizing worker communication resources and leveraging that for a Trade-off negotiation that hopefully one day brings these jobs to liveable wages. Or results in a worsened unsustainable economic alienation of the call centers.
What isn’t included, but should still be considered?
- Employee bill of Rights specific to workplaces. A document outlining employee rights and privilege benefits that come with them the second they get a job. We should all be able to answer the question “What are the perks to your job?” In our cases having an employee bill of rights would actually mean a lot more for us.
- On-site/near-site protests. Count Ashton Deroy in if these happen by the way.
- Unlimited Sick days – The time of sick notes and sick day limitations is surely over. I am sure by now we understand in relation to Coronavirus that we need to have a protocol to protect workers and ensure a limitless amount of sick days to prevent the spread of contagious disease and this needs to be ongoing, Tyranny always folds to practicality.
- Establishing the idea – “There is no such thing as just Business,” This is the mindset which gets corporatists thinking they can treat others however they want. There is no such thing as just business and we won’t reduce the process to simple mathematics only. If you cut me I will bleed. If you fire me I will starve. That is the plague of being an everyday worker. To ignore that is to ignore unjustified violence in the workplace that leaves to lasting problems in the communities of Kingston Ontario, Belleville Ontario, Trenton Ontario, Brighton Ontario & Toronto Ontario.
Issues with companies mentioned:
- During my employment with StarTek, I made too little money, they demanded too much time & rather than try to make the job work out with me. Which employers in the past have done. My direct manager directly bullied me out of the building. Both her and the team champion. I don’t think I should have been suicidal if my manager was just trying to improve my abilities at the job. This was malicious and had devastating effects to my mental health.
- S&P Data – I was fired for calling them out on the internet while employed with them. I don’t regret it. In fact. To: Canadians getting harassing telemarketing calls. Here are the possible origins. They were breaking the law that is my personal opinion based on observation and memory. Click here to find locations to harassing call centers in Canada . You know when you are paid to do something for a living that you don’t ethically agree with? That is why I did what I did. There was a moral imperative, no means to speak up and against in the company. & finally no checks & balances.
- Concentrix – Undisclosed and never to be disclosed Sources tell me about illegal changes to employee scheduling. I witnessed The company hire multiple drug dealers. I got to know people with backgrounds related to organized crime that the company had no idea about or management was in on. In the case of management participating in the drug culture. During my time under the Rogers Communications contract. In both Concentrix and stream. For a brief while, Belleville Concentrix hired my friend Crystal Gallagher who was busted for a drug business, and to be honest who I moved away from in a hurry. (she was nuts) I’m not sure if the company experiences some form of self-directed blindness, but it is way too stupid in there.
- Hinduja Global Solutions – You just can’t keep people because you just can’t grasp stakeholder theory. Your single bottom line is just not going to work out for you. In the meantime, while you are playing an imaginary game of responsible corporation with your Business culture. A woman got sexually harassed and was forced to sit beside her harasser under your assigned seating policy for agents. You don’t accommodate anyone and you make us sit as employees through this stupid $ #* () meetings about competing with Fido’s website. Yes, agents make less revenue than the automated service! A big surprise considering the key benefit of telephone customer service is support. Also, customers had to pay additional fees that made ordering through the phone unappealing anyways.
When you can’t speak up properly internally? You have to blow the whistle from the outside. Let’s face it. These centers will not be in our communities forever anyways. There is no reason in the meantime that we can not ask them to do more for our people while they are here.
For more on the evils of call centers. Read their Indeed pages…. A lot of it is surprisingly accurate and not internet trolling. I am just saying!
Check out Ashton Deroy’s Facebook page click here.
Think of this blog post as a received acknowledgement & respect of a certain culture that exists within my family. This blog has already been a hot spot of Liberal & Socialist type ideas. We need to acknowledge the opposite culture that very much has a presence in this family. So what does that mean?
There is a part of me as well as a part of my family that believes in Individual responsibility, working to keep a roof over one’s head & of course a love of dollar beer! There is a part of my very Canadian family that discusses old fashion values while smoking a dart on the deck. I want to respect that family history & acknowledge their presence in me becoming who I am. Often I do think I could be a worse person and indeed a less tolerable Socialist if it wasn’t for my family.
To: my Dad
A pretty down to earth guy who just happened to raise two Socialist kids. Definitely, there needs to be a recognition of respect from me. Thank you for the openness to explore different beliefs & even at times loose spiritual religions. The way we were raised with a mix of discipline and openness to explore topics of our interest allowed us to make up our own value systems. Having the openness hybrid mixed with the discipline to pick out our own values was definitely what made me a better writer & my brother a better Nurse.
If there is one thing I have highlighted on this blog over time. It is that we need to have the ability to acknowledge & respect different world views. I think it would be a waste to highjack our family cultural values without acknowledging where they really were. So if you are a Libertarian who hates fat government spending, deficits & individuals who lack responsibility. If you love Wrestling?! You have a place on this blog. You are realistically crucial.
Ashton Deroy Writes: Universal Basic income is basically an expansionary Economic policy that aims to provide people with a basic income that meets minimum living standards. (In my opinion the Social welfare program is preferable due to the employment created for Social Service workers, Career Counselors & administrators.)
I am going to keep this post short because I am not for or against Universal Basic Income. My Dad thinks it is a good idea but I am less sure. I will keep my opinion mostly to two points. 1. We have to greater incentivize working to prosperity. 2. We need a strong means to fund a program like this & the ability to hit the emergency breaks as soon as required. These programs have driven Communist Socialist countries to break.
CBC “Ontario’s basic income pilot project was widely expected to last three years in order to figure out if it could replace other social support systems. But it’s being axed early. The new provincial government deemed the program a failure, but many participants say it was a lifeline.”
Where I believe the program failed? Promising a 3-year commitment to these people before an election. The program was not encouraging the participants enough to step away from a government Social program into more stable full-time employment. Lastly, the program didn’t hire any Social Service Workers to monitor any type of mental or Economic progress. (Are you affected by this program being pulled? Get angry, get loud and get Anti-Conservative!)
You are not going to win my vote on this Universal Basic Income concept. Despite the fact, I acted politically to protect it by supporting Kathleen Wynne in re-election in 2018. I need to see broader Economic planning, a clear statement of values & demonstrated competence. 2022 is going to be the year of the next Provincial Election. I am leaning towards Ontario’s NDP Party because of the outstanding work of Andrea Horwath as the Official Opposition.
Click to view Dialogue on Universal Basic Income:
Ashton Deroy writes: Let us face it, many people among my income class do not desire to grow old. The tedious life of living poor in a country that increasingly includes the wealthy in the overdeveloped economy while leaving us behind. It is very tempting to quit this life. I am a Socialist who panics about the Social & Environmental decay of society. The future seems bleak & people seem like they have stopped paying attention to what Society needs.
The last time I was ready to call it quits on my life was 4 years ago at 22 years old. I turned off my brain & started doing crazy things. Like taking an ill-advised bus trip to North Bay from North York. Where the bus took me near a forest fire.
I got sick from smoke inhalation. This had me down for a week at a stranger’s house where I went to get high. This was the craziest place my declining mental health ever took me! Fast forward 2 years later.
I am in a relationship, near fixing my life & moving to a safer address as of March. What I discovered is? When you are looking to live a longer life there is something essential you need to do. Ask yourself “Who inspires you to grow old?”
Tommy Douglas was the father of Canadian Socialism. He was anti-war, pro-health care for all & he did economic reforms that saved a collapsing economy. Near 80 years old Tommy Douglas was struck by a bus. However, he recovered by his 80th birthday. He is a true symbol of Canadian kindness, resiliency & intelligence.
Not the biggest fan of her current Conservative stances. However in 2011 Grandma Pat & I both voted for Canada’s Socialist Party the NDP Party. Like it or not? Grandma Pat was a big part of the reason I became a Canadian Socialist first before I ever voted Liberal. For that, I am glad I had her guidance. Being a Socialist means you have principles of community, compassion & Sustainability. Being a Liberal tends to mean you stand on a meaningless Progressive mishmash of ideas. She is a testament to the fighting spirit of Rural Canadians & she is a part of a generation that raised Rock & Roll, hippies. Like my Dad and my Uncle Rick.
Kaylib is my significant other & my best friend. Truth be told I could see growing old in a dignified way with a partner like Kaylib. Around him, I behave rationally & really think things through. I would say that some of my best writing has happened because Kaylib got me to think more deeply about what I was going to say. The other part about Kaylib that inspires me to grow old? I really want to see the successful person he becomes. He is so intelligent & he understood Statistics in my Loyalist College diploma program when a lot of my classmates in 2019 did not!
This blog was written in 2020. A year that would begin a downward decline of public mental health. Statistically, Mental Health issues related to suicide are at an all-time high within Ontario. The CAMH wait for services is way too long. Yet mental healthcare remains primarily Privatized.