Like Ashton Deroy on Facebook
How a Socialist thinks?
If I had to sum up my experience of my Democratic Simulation in 2 descriptions. 1. I display the traits of a niceness tyrant & somehow an opportunist for material gains. I usually treat people with respect and I damn well demand I am treated with respect. I am also geared towards impulsive decision making at times especially with material motivators. I am the person who watched their aunt’s dog in exchange for food in North York. I am not shy about that motivation. She was a damn good cook.
- I have to relax up a bit on impulsive decision making – I have a personality where a great deal of decisions is driven more by impulse. I am working on it but it is there. This would also be a cliche about an addict with autism. I am impulsive…Doy… Impulses aren’t always forgiven as impulses. That obviously is clear.
- Niceness tyrant – This is my most alarming trait. I am a Niceness tyrant… A niceness tyrant thinks they can get away with just about anything so long as it achieves the common good. This doesn’t make helping people immoral. It makes helping people as apart of a larger dictated plan immoral. This comes from being trained in Sales, Customer service & Customer service Excellence. It is important to fight but I should strive to fight fair.
- Morally flexibile for material gains – Again I talk about living wage all the time on on here. It is easy to see that I have wealth motivations. It is also easy to see. I don’t think I will achieve wealth by the means of any excess talents. Just by the means of Sales & Marketing abilities. My gains were achieved primarily by utilizing my my Communications background. Not by any special abilities in the game. I have to be careful never to accept bribes and to know my loyalties and stage my own trasnparrency.
- I love freedom and I hate society’s rejection of healthy interdependence – I say all the time in feminism. Our obsessive fixation on Independence is absurd. We achieve wealth together. We achieve success together. Ultimately it makes more sense to be a team than Individuals. That is the point of Collectivized thinking.” I am not saying I desire to be a culture to reject outsiders. I would like to work on changing that a lot actually. Rather I am saying that if we went about love and belonging the right ways in our Economic organization. We wouldn’t see so many burn outs. We have to remember that people are in this thing called life to be around the people they love. Not live at the job. That is my idea, not my dictation.”
This is being written because in spite of this post. I still get some conversation on this topic.
Summary of the Be Obsessed or Be average theory: Install your brain with intense and irrational ideas about efficiency, effective workplace culture, and delusions of unhinged Capitalism.
Why I am denouncing my endorsement of this book?
In my opinion this book utilizes The efficiency model approach of economics, moral puritanism, and high-pressure sales style madness.
I will probably always have this audiobook because I am not a hater. I am just actualized about the sum total of your literary contributions and the kind of culture you operate under now.
Guys like this pressure the government for lower unsustainable taxation systems, the high-pressure sale systems and they undercut customer service. We have to denounce Grant Cardone for the unhealthy moral influence he happens to be. I mean Canada does not want American Capitalism. It has failed them drastically time after time. We saw the American take on the Freedom Capitalist Dystopia with the prediction of 100,000 deaths. It may be the time we become practical pragmatic thinkers again. Fall out of love with the efficiency model and back in love with the service and care democratic model. However, to do the opposite is the speedy way to continue psychological & healthcare declines as a featured essence of the system.
Like Ashton Deroy on Facebook.
I wish to stumble into my beliefs of Liberal Socialism was a phase. That way it could be just a mindset I could quit. I could leave it and the planet would be fine, median incomes wouldn’t be down and the neighboring Head of State wouldn’t be a dictator. Could you imagine such a world? 😀 “That is the most Utopic thinking you will get from me today.”
This may be surprising to people. I actually don’t think Business & Finance people are the fascist capitalists’ people think. You have a hard time learning about an unsustainable investment, financial, and environmental economy. Then pretending everything is alright with some Grant Cardone style motivational Capitalism. Not a hater, I bought a book of his. I just love using him in my jokes because the guy is so damn cheesy. “I vote my business.” Grant Cardone. Got to love self-help idiots. When we want answers? They give us silly.
The problem is I don’t want to throw out the system of Capitalism. Not at all. I want to throw out the uncompromising stupidity related to the political and philosophical ideologies related to capitalism. That is what is ruining the execution of the system in the proper manner. We have character problems and problems in how we view the environment. We don’t have a Private Property problem. We don’t need to screw up agriculture. We need to fix it. Listen I wouldn’t let a Communist screw up my access to food & water. I won’t let an oil-loving Capitalist do it either!
Anyways I am not a Capitalist. I am a Liberal Socialist. I don’t have time for grandiose Business bull****. As for strong centralized authoritarian governments like in Communism? I don’t think so Kingston Ontario! I don’t want to go through this rampant disease (Coronavirus) again because some idiot doesn’t know to use Bats in their stupid traditional medicine market. Or something environmentally stupid along those lines! Again I don’t care if you are a Capitalist or a Communist. Neglecting our environment is insane! Mixing the Social Concerns of Socialism with the innovative Capitalist values of Liberalism makes sense. It is a compromise that works.
I help with Business planning. Or Social Media Marketing. Email me at Ashtonderoy@gmail.com . Check out our Fiverr page.
Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
A modern commentary that is non-academic and non-bureaucratic is the tradition of the Non-Voter. Not everyone should have to burden the weight of democracy. Some people should get a pass. Whether it be to learn more, abstain from an argument, or pursuit a working grind or maybe self-declared mental limitations. We ought to view non-voting as admirable and a form of peacekeeping.
We should make efforts to collectivize with like-minded people.
This being said, although that is a duty of democracy. Why don’t we give it time? When I was 18 I had a head of steam and I was ready to vote. I am still ready to vote when the time comes because I keep myself informed. As a writer, I practice the exercise of opinion. This could be an exhausting and boring duty to some. Also a Democratic population unhinged would have a battlefield of tribalism. A moderate democracy ought to be recognized and celebrated.
What is wrong with sitting out?
(Utilitarianism suggests happiness ought to be considered in situations of scarcity. The U.S. had a capacity issue with taking votes in the Democratic primary. Site closures mean they can accept fewer votes per location. Economics wise it allows passionate voters to participate and apathetic people to sign out. If political movements aren’t speaking to you. Or even maybe you reject the concept of the state entirely. (Hopefully not the second one.) Maybe you feel unattached to the debated issues. Or even from your own intellect. Either way, we should allow a tradition of sitting out and peacekeeping. I think Political science in school is designed to demand democratic participation. However, we have to acknowledge feelings of alienation especially when consider the Socialist and Libertarian traditions of politics.
For the record I voted once from a non-voter family member’s residence in municipal politics. I think since he paid the bills he ought to get the credit for that vote. Even if it went no where. Objectively speaking Duncan Armstrong was a weak politician. My website definitely gets more traffic than his did. It is sad the Progressive municipal movement was soley up to him. Jim Harrisson is definitely a media savy mayor.
I just also think we overemphasize voting and underemphasize donating as well. A Capitalist would theorize that donating would actually make democracy more accurate. Not that I am a capitalist. However, I think democracy is partially now about resource management.
Check out Ashton Deroy’s Facebook page click here.
Think of this blog post as a received acknowledgement & respect of a certain culture that exists within my family. This blog has already been a hot spot of Liberal & Socialist type ideas. We need to acknowledge the opposite culture that very much has a presence in this family. So what does that mean?
There is a part of me as well as a part of my family that believes in Individual responsibility, working to keep a roof over one’s head & of course a love of dollar beer! There is a part of my very Canadian family that discusses old fashion values while smoking a dart on the deck. I want to respect that family history & acknowledge their presence in me becoming who I am. Often I do think I could be a worse person and indeed a less tolerable Socialist if it wasn’t for my family.
To: my Dad
A pretty down to earth guy who just happened to raise two Socialist kids. Definitely, there needs to be a recognition of respect from me. Thank you for the openness to explore different beliefs & even at times loose spiritual religions. The way we were raised with a mix of discipline and openness to explore topics of our interest allowed us to make up our own value systems. Having the openness hybrid mixed with the discipline to pick out our own values was definitely what made me a better writer & my brother a better Nurse.
If there is one thing I have highlighted on this blog over time. It is that we need to have the ability to acknowledge & respect different world views. I think it would be a waste to highjack our family cultural values without acknowledging where they really were. So if you are a Libertarian who hates fat government spending, deficits & individuals who lack responsibility. If you love Wrestling?! You have a place on this blog. You are realistically crucial.
Ashton Deroy writes: New York Times posted an article by Kimball Allen titled my Mormon family loved until I came out. I figured that not to detract from his story that I would tell my story as well. Also, to help me come to terms with some mutual prejudices I have faced with more Conservative communities as a devoted Religious Socialist. The truth is I would say I am related to two types of families. One that is very Libertarian on my father’s side & another that is much more Conservative on my mother’s side.
However, believe it or not, I have a relationship to Mormon faith that predates my new harmonies in the family life. We did participate in church activities and meet members of the Mormon community when we were younger. So in my writing as a Socialist, I want to honor a group of people I did grow to know & respect when I was younger. I love my Mormon family culture because I do believe it captures good ideas for the community, they share many of my beliefs for Justice and they value organizing time for discipline in education.
I feel very happy that my mother feels welcomed by this community and that they continue to show interest in me & my brother’s lives as adults. This is truly a privilege and I will reflect upon it as such. Again I do carry some prejudices to Conservative culture however I want to write this with pride in sharing my background with my readers.
Ashton Deroy Writes: Hey readers If you have read my blog for a while you know I like to ruffle a few feathers sometimes. To be honest, if you run a blog, it is something you have to do in order to boost your ratings. People love rivalries, think about it. Socialists versus Capitalism. Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate & Global warming vs Oil companies. Rivalries are unavoidable entertainment.
For me, rivalries have been ideological, professional or just that people annoyed me! Most times rivalries get posted on my blog & go to the top of my ratings. Especially when it involves someone who is locally infamous. This is going to look at rivalries from politics & entertainment. Here are the top 3 rivalries from the blog.
- Paul Bell – Paul Bell was running for Belleville Ontario’s City Council. I simply couldn’t have him run in a city election without destroying his search engine presence. I mean he had the audacity to hand my brother an anti-weed pamphlet for his election. Then when we debated it, he tried to make a point that said more about needing gun safety regulations versus regulations against marijuana. No Socialists are hearing out someone who makes an anti-marijuana point. That is just a fact. This rivalry was met with a boost in the ratings & fan faire.
- Lily DeVine – Kingston & Belleville entertainer. Also a sad case for why drag entertainment shouldn’t be embraced by the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you want to read on my full Lily DeVine rivalry check out this post. Basically, she didn’t like me because I used to volunteer for Kingston Pride in 2016 for my Digital Marketing Graduate Certificate at St. Lawrence College. Lily DeVine get over it!
- Fido Mobile – I can’t say enough bad things about this company. They are overpriced, poor service & terrible to their customers. If you want to read on the issues I had in working for the company click here. Essentially I just think I don’t like the way they treat people. From employees to customers. Fido Mobile is just a crappy corporation we just shouldn’t do business with. Fortunately, a lot of people agree or the blog post would not have been checked out so much on this forum.
From politics to entertainment & even telecom companies. Rivalries have been good for this blog. I think even after I downgrade my plan & go to posting on a regular WordPress. Rivalries will still generate most of our ratings. People just love a good conflict and will go out of their way to check it out. I am a lower middle class, verging on homeless & a gay autistic person. I have a lot of things I could definitely turn in to extremely bitter words on a blog! As long as the writing helps me manage that anger. Also, the result should be viewed for people’s entertainment, then I think this kind of writing will continue to do very well for me.